Saturday, March 29, 2014

Increase core body temperature

I have low core body temperature which is a cause of concern for me on many levels.  I get cold rather easily even when it is not that cold.  I struggle to smell good (not body odour, just that there is little body heat to bring out the perfume). 

The other day, I had a massage from someone who had such lovely warm hands that it felt like I was having hot stones therapy.  Her hands were like pure heaters (no, her palms were not sweaty thankfully).  She told me that she has always been so warm.  The question that pops in my head is...  is this biology/genetics or is this something that can be changed using diet etc?  Yes, in short, the question is nature or nurture?

If it is nature, there is not much I can do.  I quit my quest. 

If it is nurture, I can see what I can do to increase my core body temperature.

However, after reading a Wikipedia article (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_temperature), I wondered if I should still pursue a higher core body temperature.  Basically, there is small segment in the article which suggests that lower temperature increases lifespan.  That, to me, makes sense in that I always feel that my organs cook inside me on a hot day.  In addition, I feel that heat speeds up the aging process which may lead to increased wear and tear in the body, hence, dying earlier. 

In my quest for how to increase body temperature, I found the following on google:

I also found why some people have low body temperature:

The quest continues in finding my balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment